Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars for a special someone.

Special someones.

Everyone has them.

It could be your dog. It could be your mom, or dad. It could be your sweetie-pie-poochie-woochie (okay, you probably don't call them that... hopefully). Heck, it could even be your best friend from second grade who still hasn't returned those flip-flops you lended her two summers ago. But either way, everyone has a special someone. That one thing that makes you smile, makes you happy inside and gives you that giddy feeling that only that person can give you. Whether it's spending time with them, talking to them, or just merely thinking of them; you always feel good when they're around.

For me, I have a special someone. A very special someone. And that special someone and I just happen to be celebrating a certain anniversary today. Without getting into all the gooey love-dramatic details, let's just say I'm glad for today, and every day, for this special someone.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I think about celebrating good things, I think about desserts. Yummy, delicious desserts. My special someone happens to be pretty addicted to the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. While I personally can't stand the combo (I know, you totally are about to exit out of my blog now), I thought it'd be pretty sweet of me to get up early and do something nice for my special someone.

And hey! I think you should do the same. Find out what your special someone likes. Go out. Spend time with them. You don't need an anniversary to do something nice for the person you love. Go out for coffee. Hang out at a park. And maybe, even, if you're up to it, bake these awesome Peanut Butter Swirl Bars with them. They're chocolatey. Peanutbuttery. And very chewy. Trust me. It's fun. But don't blame me for the stomach ache you get from eating the entire pan. That's totally on you.

Whatever you choose to do today, at least let that special someone know that you love them. Believe me, it makes all the difference in the world. :)

I so need a hug now.


Peanut Butter Swirl Bars
(courtesy of eat love jump)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100 gr chocolate bar, broken into chunks (or chocolate chips)

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and butter/flour a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Combine your butter (cut it up into chunks to let it soften faster), peanut butter, and sugars. Mix them together with your super duper hand-mixer on medium speed until nice and creamy.


3. Take your two eggs and take a pretty picture of you holding them. Then break them into the bowl along with your 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Beat gradually into the mix until just combined.
4. Use a cool little whisk (or a sifter) to combine your flour, baking soda, and salt.



5. Blend dry mixture into peanut butter/heartattack mixture.
6. Spread into greased, 13 x9 inch pan and then whip out your chocolate (I only had 4 squares, but feel free to use the recommended 100g, which is about 8 squares, I believe.)



7. Break your chocolate into little chips/chunks and then sprinkle them ontop.
8. Bake in your oven for 5 minutes.
9. Marbelize the chocolate by taking the tip of a knife and drawing squiggly motions across the surface (You better lick the batter off that knife).
10. Bake 20 minutes more, and then cut while still warm. Proceed to devour.


-Alexandra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dunk Twice Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template