Monday, August 31, 2009

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies


No. Your mind is not playing tricks on you. This is not some weird blog miscommunication of sorts.

That is, indeed, a cookie in a cookie.
And the term "addictive" is an understatement for them.

Seriously, who came up with this? Who was the genius who came up with the idea of combining the two most deliciously dunked in milk cookies together in one?
Whoever it is, I want to give them the biggest hug ever and eat cookies with them. With lots and lots and lots of milk.

These cookies do not play nice. If you make them you might want to make sure that you are giving at least 90% of the batch away to other people and hoarding the 10% to yourself, 'cause these babies will break your diet in like, ten seconds flat, no doubt (which is why they went to sunday school instead of in my tummy :P).

Chocked filled with chocolate goodness. And the creamy center inside adds a texture and flavor that is so freakin' amazing you're gonna wanna get up and do the hokey pokey right there (or maybe that's just me).

When I got done making these cookies, I promptly showed my Birday (otherwise known as the man who eats all my food) the end results with a big smile on my face saying: "I put a cooke in a cookie." To this, he responded with "No, you don't do that to oreos. You do not put them in chocolate chip cookies." And when I affirmed to him that yes, I really did put a cookie in a cookie, a nice long darth-vader worthy "NOOOOOOOO" escaped him. Needless to say, I'm sure his mind will be blown when he gets to try them.

So, now that i've completely shattered your mind and tore a hole in the universe, I think you should totally make these. Their super, super easy! Just make sure you refrigerate the dough for an hour or two before you pop 'em in the oven. Trust me on this one. Oh, and leave these cookies on the baking sheet for a good 2-3 minutes before taking them off for maximum chewy-gooey-yummy-oh-my-god-another-please-ness. You'll thank me, if you haven't already.


Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Adapted from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 1/2 stick of butter)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
20 oreos, crushed

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets/baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. (I whisked mine together with a large whisk instead)
  3. In a medium bowl, melt the butter and wait for it to cool. When cooled, take our your hand-mixer and cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to blend in the dry ingredients until well blended.
  4. Add in the crushed oreos. Take your handmixer back out and beat on low speed for just a few seconds to break up the oreos in the dough.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon or spatula.
  6. Refrigerate cookie dough for atleast 1 hour.
  7. Drop cookie dough 1 rounded tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. (I rolled mine into little balls and then flattened them slightly with the palm of my hand)
  8. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. (DONT SKIP LETTING THEM COOL ON THE SHEETS. It produces a nice chewy cookie. And don't be worried if the top looks underbaked -- it will set once you let them cool. Also, mine only took 15 minutes.)

4 comments:

Unknown on August 31, 2009 at 7:47 PM said...

How many cookies does this make?

Alexandra on September 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM said...

Will make around 30 cookies if shaping by tablespoonfuls.

sneha on January 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM said...

these sound amazing - can't wait to try them
I'm a huge fan of allrecipes so I don't know how I've not seen these there.
Your blog is interesting. I used to have the same reaction to cookie-making - scary. Now I've managed to get a couple of recipes just like I like them :)

sneha on January 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM said...

ah - this is the Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie.
You added the oreos. genius!!

Post a Comment

 

Dunk Twice Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template